Connect your Pingdom checks directly to components on your status page to control the status automatically.
Up and down alerts are supported. An UP event will cause a component to be operational and a DOWN event will be displayed as a service disruption.
1. Retrieve the email hook
- Select the component from the Infrastructure tab in the Status.io dashboard
- Then copy the Pingdom email hook for the component/container combo
2. Add the Pingdom alert user
- Login to your Pingdom account
- Select Users from the Pingdom Dashboard and click the Add new user button
- Make sure the User Type is set to Alerts only
3. Add the alert to a Pingdom check
- Edit the Pingdom check and add the alert user in the Alerting Settings
- Click the Modify check button to save the settings
- The check is now connected to Status.io
4. Reviewing activity
- Review recent Pingdom alerts from the Recent Activity section in the Status.io dashboard